During these unsettling times we want to remind you that our practice continues to have your health and the health of our community forefront in our mind. We are closely following current recommendations by the CDC and monitoring for changes daily. In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic we want to assure you that we are open for your healthcare needs and have taken the following precautions to do so safely.
Health experts at the CDC have asked the public to practice soical distancing, avoid large gatherings, crowded places, and non-essential travel. Here in PA, schools are closed and employees are being encouraged to work from home whenever possible. We endorse and echo these recommendations. Wash hands often, avoid touching your face, and stay away from anyone who appears sick.
ENT and Allergy Specialists will remain open at all our locations to serve our patient’s ENT and Allergy needs in order to allow our ERs and Urgent Care centers to meet the needs of sicker patients.
To safeguard the health of our patients and staff we are implementing the following procedures until the current COVID-19 outbreak has been stabilized:
1. Our staff are being screened daily for cough and fever. Employees exhibiting cough and fever will not be permitted to work.
2. Our staff is being instructed to wash their hands before and after each patient interaction. We recommend you wash your hands frequently, as well.
3. Our offices are undergoing extra cleaning.
4. Patients are being screened in advance of appointments to rule out active cough, fever, travel, and sick contacts.
5. We will be offering Telemedicine visits for as many patients as possible.
6. We will not be using nebulizers in the office for delivering any medications to avoid disseminating the virus.
7. We will be spacing out all of our allergy shot (SCIT) patient’s shots to q 4-6 week intervals (even those currently on build up) so they do not have to enter the office any more frequently.
8. We will make an effort to postpone elective allergy procedures that can be deferred such as skin testing, drug challenges, and food challenges
9. Patient who receive Biological drugs in our office that are approved for home administration by the FDA and are stable, do not need to wait 30 min after their shot.
10. Please contact our office if you are on an immunosuppressant (long term oral steroids, Plaquenil, methotrexate, cyclosporin) prescribed by a provider in our practice, as we may consider a dose adjustment. Do not stop your medication without a doctor’s advice.
Your Healthcare Team