Sublingual Allergy Therapy
Allergy Drops. Not Shots. At Home Therapy.
Up until now, allergy sufferers had two choices. You could endure weekly trips to the doctor’s office to receive inconvenient and sometimes painful shots. Or go without the medicine you need and live with itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, post nasal drip, congestion, headaches, asthma and sinusitis. Neither choice was optimal. Now there is a better way – allergy treatments at home. In use for over 70 years in Europe, Sublingual lmmunotherapy is available right now from ENT and Allergy Specialists.
Here’s how it works. You (or the allergy sufferer in your family) meet with one of our board-certified physicians to diagnose your allergy. We create an allergy serum specifically for you that will alleviate your specific symptoms and treat your allergy. The drops are easy to use in the comfort of your home. Just use the drop dispenser daily to place the drop under your tongue. It’s that easy. And you’re on your way to feeling better. Schedule an appointment today!
Sublingual lmmunotherapy Questions and Answers:
What is the difference between Sublingual lmmunotherapy and traditional allergy treatments?
- Immunotherapy involves the administration of gradually increasing doses of the allergen over a period of time to desensitise the patient. It is the only known treatment that modifies the immune response and treats the cause rather than the symptoms. Unlike traditional allergy shots which are administered in a doctor’s office, Sublingual lmmunotherapy drops are taken at your convenience at home. With Sublingual lmmunotherapy there are no shots.
- Just use the drop dispenser to place the required drops under your tongue.
Are Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops safe?
- Yes. In fact, they are safer than traditional allergy shots. This form of allergy treatment has been used in Europe for the last 70 years.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
- Cochrane Reviews, the internationally recognized authority, concluded; “In reviewing 60 trials we found a significant reduction in symptom and medication scores in patients treated with sublingual immunotherapy compared to placebo. There were no serious adverse reactions reported in the included trials and no patient needed the use of adrenaline (which is used for serious reactions). This updated Cochrane Review therefore reinforces the conclusions of the earlier review (in 2003) in confirming the efficacy and safety of sublingual immunotherapy.”
Is there a taste to Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops?
- There is a slight sweet taste.
How often do I take Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops?
- Once daily for 5 years. Individual treatment may vary.
What type of allergies can be treated by Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops?
- Sublingual lmmunotherapy treats allergies caused by dogs, cats, grasses, weeds, trees, dust mites and mold.
What types of allergies cannot be treated?
- Sublingual lmmunotherapy cannot be used to treat allergies caused by foods or stinging insects.
Are Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops covered by insurance?
- Most insurance companies do not cover Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops.
How will I be billed for my Sublingual lmmunotherapy Drops?
- You will be billed annually unless other payment arrangements are made.